June is the perfect time to experiment with the tangy sweetness of apricots. These snack bars are good fuel for wherever life takes you. Pack them for your next excursion in the great outdoors or as a healthy, sweet treat for a family picnic. You’ll love them so much, we bet you’ll start packing them for snacking during long days at work, too!
- 1 cup dates pitted and chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds/pepitas
- 2 Tablespoons carob chips (optional)
- Line a 8×8 or 9×9 square pan with parchment paper.
- Food process dates, apricots, chia seeds, cinnamon and ginger until a large mass forms.
- Add pumpkin seeds and pulse until the seeds are broken up into pieces.
- Add carob chips and pulse a few times to break up and distribute the chips.
- Press the mixture into the pan.
- Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes, then slice into bars or squares.
Recipe Adapted from: https://cupcakesandkalechips.com/apricot-chia-energy-bars/
Image attribution: aleksei_bezrukov/freepik.com