In a recipe, sea kelp takes on the flavor profile of the ingredients being used with it. From tangy to spicy hot, you’ll never know you’ve got a sea vegetable on your plate. This entree combines broccoli with sea kelp, providing you with essential nutrients and trace minerals integral to maintaining the body’s delicate chemical balance. To make this a heartier meal, consider adding seasoned tofu, tempeh, or other protein of your choice.
- 1 package of Kelp Noodles
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 T of sesame seed oil
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash or two of Coconut Aminos
- Pink sea salt, to taste
- Black sesame seeds, to your liking
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Rinse kelp noodles; place in a bowl of warm water and set aside.
- Stir fry garlic and onions in sesame oil over medium heat, until brown.
- Add in broccoli & spinach to saute.
- Add kelp noodles and a few dashes of coconut aminos.
- Pour in the vegetable broth.
- Add pink salt and coconut aminos to taste, stir until the noodles soften.
- Serve hot, topped with sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes.