This vegetarian curry will surprise even a diehard meat lover! A rich and creamy sauce tops tender fried paneer and goes great with rice, along with fresh sliced veggies and a greek yogurt and mint dip.
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 7 oz (200 g) paneer cheese
- 1/4 c butter
- 5 Tbsp tikka paste
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- Fresh mint or coriander
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and cut the paneer into 1.5cm cubes.
- In a large frying pan that has a lid, melt half the butter over medium heat. Add the paneer and fry for 4 – 5 minutes, gently turning, until golden on all sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter and melt. Add the cauliflower and toss for 2 – 3 minutes until starting to lightly brown.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pan and cover. Cook over medium heat for 4 – 5 minutes until the water has absorbed and the cauliflower is lightly steamed.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the tikka paste, cream and 1/2 cup greek yogurt. Add to the frying pan and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until the cauliflower is almost cooked through. Add the fried paneer and stir through until heated.
- Serve over rice of your choice with additional greek yogurt and fresh mint or coriander.
Rice cooking tip: Bring a large pot of water to a boil (no need to measure). Add salt and stir. Add dry rice and cook, drain, cover, then allow to steam for 5 minutes. It turns out perfect every time! Cooking times: White rice 10 minutes, brown rice 30 minutes, wild rice 45-60 minutes.
Recipe Source: https://aussieketoqueen.com/keto-vegetarian-curry/
Image attribution: ilyarocket/freepik.com