Is SLOWING DOWN something that you resist?
We live in such a fast-paced, calendar-filled, over-caffeinated world, and a slower pace might feel more like torture than self care. But an overly busy life is usually not sustainable. Going too hard and too fast can leave us feeling depleted and weak. Slowing down is how we find balance in our lives and can actually be a strength and a healthy boundary that we set with our time and energy.
Here are some tips to slow down:
- Check-in with yourself first. Make it a commitment to check in with yourself, before you check in with the world. Don’t pick up your phone for the first hour you are awake. When you do, you are automatically giving away your power to shape your day.
- Try the 4-7-8 Breath. This simple breathing practice is grounding and calming. Start by inhaling through your nose, and exhaling out of your mouth. On the next inhale count to 4, then hold your breath for a count of 7, then exhale through the nose to the count of 8. Do this for a cycle of 4 times. Instant reset!
- Commit to only eating while sitting down. Prioritize mindful eating. Movement while eating just adds to the “busy” energy.
- Train your brain with moments of GRATITUDE. Every time you hear church bells (or some other sound you hear often), think of something for which you are grateful. Gratitude keeps us in the present moment.
- Intentional breath with movement – YOGA. Yoga brings us into a more balanced state; physically, mentally and emotionally.
S L O W D O W N with me and join my donation based virtual yoga offerings Tuesdays at 7am and Saturdays at 8am (regularly scheduled), along with some bonus February classes:
- 2/8 at 7pm – Monday Night Winter Slow Down
- 2/10 at 10am – Wednesday Energizing Morning Flow
- 2/14 at 10am – Sunday Self Love Slow Down (Special Valentine’s Day class)
- 2/19 at 7pm – Friday Night Winter Slow Down
- 2/24 at 10am – Wednesday Energizing Morning Flow
Register at www.gratefullifehealth.com/
Check out my website for more information on my programs and other offers at www.gratefullifehealth.com and schedule a FREE 50-minute health consultation. You can also follow me on social media (Facebook and Instagram).